Monday, April 16, 2007

The worst things about being a foofy girl at work.

1. Saw dust sticks to your lipstick.
2. You have to paint your nails alot to cover up the blackened fingernails you get when you miss your shot with the hammer ...( for those of you that don't understand this, let me be more clear. You hit yourself with a hammer on the thumb and your nail will turn black and fall off).
3. You sweat off your mascara
4. They don't make pink hard hats you can wear on a CalTrans job.
5. No one looks cute in orange safety gear.
6. You really can't wear tight pants to work.
7. Tool belts make you look 40 pounds heavier- because you are.
8. You will be covered in filth and everyone around you smells bad.
9. Your 200 year old co-workers don't understand your feminine dialect.
10. A hard hat gives your really terrible looking hair after 8 hours.
11. There is no place to wash your hands after you use the blue portable potty, which means no one else is washing their hands either.
12. If you run out of sunblock- trust me- the old men you work with won't have any you can borrow.
13. If you make an effort to smell nice- like stand really close to the soap once a week, no one notices.
14. Getting yelled at will hurt your feelings.

17 comments:

Lebbercherrie said...

on the other hand, you can hang your purse on your toolbelt, and you can have this:

http://www.large-online.nl/bin/shop.php?list_sort=&Sucheintrag=pink+tool+kit&prog=search

which is rather nice, ...I think. Because I'm not a girl. ...No, really. ...I swear!

vanishingword said...

Your link isn't working and I'm far too tired to type it in... *sigh.

Lebbercherrie said...

Copy-paste can help . You'll like it.

vanishingword said...

Really? Do I just point and click? I must not have mentioned that my point and click feature now takes two hours.
I'll try in the morning, I'm sleepy. I can't stay up for eternity waiting for the computer to change pages.

Lebbercherrie said...

ok, bye bye then! sleep tight. (just copy the link in your browser window, sorry I'm not to good in creating point-and-click links)

Zimbob said...

"The worst things about being a foofy girl..."

Hey, those things happen to me too...

Skye said...

Same here VW try being the only woman driver . They don't get it that I don't want to hear rapp . So I go around and put all the radio's on country every night. :)

vanishingword said...

I forgot to mention that you will be forced to listen to jokes that aren't funny, and when your co-workers don't get a laugh, they just tell you the same joke, only louder and slower like you are the village idiot.

Lebbercherrie said...

Are you up and about again? I thought you were fast asleep. Over here it's a quarter to eight in the evening. What time do you have over there?

Mrs. M said...

Where's the best things list?
Swear like a sailor...
go to work without combing your hair and you're still the best looking most stylish one
muscles gained without a membership to Spa Lady, etc :)

vanishingword said...

! I will do that one tomorrow! Good Idea!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Very funny :) #11 alone would cause me to retire! Holy cow, do you have to hover?!?!?! And the last one is very funny.

Diane Dehler said...

Hi Vanished,
I stopped by to see if you fixed your computer yet. Guess- not. My advice is to use more durable nail polish and try hair weaves.

Lebbercherrie said...

Just wondering, did you check out the nifty tool kit link I sent you? Would be perfect to take to work now wouldn't it? No risk of your co-workers "borrowing" your hammer, would there? Unfortunately, it doesn't look to me as good quality tools.

vanishingword said...

Considering that I just busted the handle of a metal garlic press in two pieces, I am afraid my muscular grip would bend those tools.

Overpriced Designer Man Bag said...

"blackened fingernails you get when you miss your shot with the hammer"

ow!! can you wear protective metal finger coverings to prevent that?

vanishingword said...

Unfortunately when you have steel toed boots when something heavy is dropped, the metal bends, and cuts off your toes. So the metal hand gloves might cause more problems than they were worth. Good thinking tho. As an addendum I would like to say that once you have hit a finger once, it gets swollen and ends up moving slower.. so you usually hit it twice.