Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday Night

I haven't really had much time to write lately. It seems like every time I sit down the baby wakes up, the phone rings, the cats yowl or there is something to take care of. The last time I was seated in the office I happened to look up and see my sheet blow off the clothesline and take off like a sail onto the wet lawn.
I haven't made it to the library in a few weeks and I am just salivating for a few new books. I often have the chance to read when I feed the baby, but I can't let him see the book or he grabs for it. Baby W and I, have started doing some of our own reading; we like Richard Scarey and Dr. Suess. Baby mostly attempts to lunge at the pages to chew on them. Reading to him is like trying to juggle a kitten and a ball of string. Everything is a toy: my lip, the book, his toes, the book, the carpet, my nose. :)
I can't believe how much my life has changed.

3 comments:

Lebbercherrie said...

The most obvious way in which the birth of my baby boy changed my life is when watching hospital dramas (e.g. Grey's anatomy) I can't bear the sight of sick babies. They make me want to cry my eyes out. And this coming from a man who cracks jokes at sickness, death and accidents.

I just can't anymore. Not when there are infants involved.

Two Mittens said...

Being pregnant makes it even worse. Everything gets me!

As a parent you develop a deeper awareness of other parents and little kids especially. One of the 'good changes'.

Mrs. M said...

It's amazing isn't it? These parental changes? They're like no other & people can (& will) tell you all about them but until they're your own, it really doesn't sink in.

When my W was an infant we liked to read rhyming books like Dr Seus and Jillian Jiggs by Phoebe Gillman. He still likes them now so maybe they had an effect?

Enjoy the juggling story time, one day it will become a wrestling match, then look out!