Saturday, April 21, 2007

In the dark ages before computers....

(In the background you hear a rain storm, crashing droplets furiously falling on the jungle canopy. The sound of monkeys screaming through the branches sends shivers up your arms, various bird call and sing. The Chimpanzees move off, and the loud drone of the wild forest crickets buzzes and crackles like static.)
Amids the wilderness and wildness, there is I.
Alone and bewildered without my umbilical cord attached to the internet. I have suffered these past two days. I have been stranded in Borneo, perplexed with how to occupy myself when I have free time, I have wandered the deep dark indelible green of the jungle. The plateau of the dishes in the sink. The tall upright ridges of the fence outside. I have been oh so very bored.

7 comments:

Diane Dehler said...

Welcome back to cybercivilizaT, Vanished. It must have been a terrifying and depressing 48 hours with no internet.

Lebbercherrie said...

Welcome back.

Occy said...

and back again.

Skye said...

That was very good,glad no wild animals attacked you while you were away !!!!

Zimbob said...

Nice to see you're still there.

Two Mittens said...

I don't know how they survived in the 'olden' days!

Poker Sign Up said...

It is difficult to tell.