Thursday, April 5, 2007

The beauty of a Spud Wrench...

It the back of the garage, hanging on a sixteen penny nail, is my set of tool bags. They are the very best ones you can buy; hardy and thick. The texture and the sleekness sure to please almost any carpenter.
They are loaded down with my bridge building tools:
A tape measure
A speed square
A scribe
A cats paw
A pair of dikes
A pair of pliers
An adjustable 12 inch wrench
A pencil or two
A piece of soapstone
A striker
A paint pen
A mag drill key
A drill key
A reversable philips head to flat head, screwdriver
A chisel
A small roll of tie wire.
My own personal Skill Saw key
A pipe wrench (small)
And my glorious Spud Wrench.
Everything is covered in dust and cobwebs, the belt is too small for my pregnancy weight gain. I cruise my tools like some sort of lover stalking their ex. Each trip to the clothes washer I cast my eye to the nail supporting my previous life. There is a golden beam of light highlighting them.
I saw this commercial about a lady trying to lose weight in time to wear this ridiculous bikini, I am she... except I want to fit my tool bags.

1 comment:

Mrs. M said...

The tool names are humorous in & of themselves...I can think of many descriptions which of course are not accurate at all, but funny in my warped sort of way.